The NeoMano is helpful for people with movement in their wrist and arm but little to no strength in their hands. This includes people who suffer from hand paralysis due to spinal cord injury (SCI), stroke, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy and nerve injury. Please note that the range of product use may differ by the diagnosis and individual hand function.
MMT Standards (Manual Muscle Testing)
- Users with barely any strength in the hands but can move their wrists and above.
- Users who can lift their wrists and arms but have no strength to hold an object with their hands.
MAS Standards (Motor Assessment Scale)
- Users whose hands are not stiff, with their degree of ankylosis (stiffening and immobility) not too severe.
- Users with the capability to move their wrists or arms. Users who can at least lift their arms unassisted.
- Users who can at least place their hands on a table for control and are able to perform flexion and extension against gravity.
|Target Patients||Who have week hand function|
|MMT Level||Finger: Z ~ Poor
Wrist: Poor(+) ~
Under Arm: Poor ~
|MAS Level||0 ~ 1|
|Target Disease||Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple
Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Cerebral
Hemiplegia, Median Nerve Injury,
Ulna Nerve Injury, Flaccide Type
|Usage Purpose||Daily-task assist to Grasp|
|Assitive Motion||Power Grip, Pinch Grip, Hook Grip|